Book the Library > Booking the Library
Why get involved in a EuroLib visit?
Our extremely successful piloting of the project has shown that the EuroLib project offers many benefits to pupils, teachers, and schools administration, creating a challenging and innovative educational project for all involved.
The benefits for children
The project strengthens and motivates:
- The benefits of reading are evident - it contributes to cognitive development, language acquisition, and a more independent critical thinking.
- Reading is a means to enhance the reader's imagination and a valuable source of pleasure.
- Riding is the very best form of autonomous lifelong learning.
- The project explores European lifestyles, family patterns, value systems, traditions, nature, cultural events and habits as depicted and described in the books.
- It opens up the multicultural and multilingual European space
- The project targets the active promotion of language learning and awareness of European linguistic diversity.
- The beautiful books give meaning and motivation to the need for languages at a personal level that children can aspire to.
- Overall the addition of inspiring, unusual and exciting activities outside of the normal classroom activity contribute to students overall motivation to learn.
- Children have shown gratitude to their teachers for bringing them such fun activities that lives on long after the library has gone.
- In past European projects, teachers have noted a raising of standards in the children who partake in a project, as their general interest and engagement in learning is increased. Teachers have also reported improvements in students overall engagement and skills at all levels of their school work.
The benefits for teachers
The project helps develop and expand professional skills by bringing in to your teaching different methodologies than are usually employed that are interesting, challenging and unusual.
Introducing creative activities:
The project provides a variety of independent activities that work well in every language. The activities are designed in a creative way and the ideas could be transferred to other areas in the classroom.
Benefits for schools
Schools will benefit directly and indirectly in the project:
Copyright: EuroLib Project